December 9, 2010

Nars Lipstick in Funny Face, Swatches and Review


According to the internet, Nars lipstick in Funny Face was used in a recent J Crew shoot. So of course I had to investigate further. When I heard that Nars may discontinue this color, my mind was made up. I went right out and bought the color during the Sephora VIB sale. This particular Nars lipstick formulation is definitely dry, but the color is so deliciously bright and matte, I forgive it for making my lips feel like parchment. It's also remarkably long lasting. I wore this out to a show at Sullivan Hall, and it stayed on through several hours of standing around, eating pizza, and drinking two G&Ts. The lipstick is also very easy to control when applying. No need for lipliner.


If the dryness of the formula turns you off, I've had success with applying a lip balm first. The color stays true, and my lips aren't nearly as dry, but the matte quality is a little lost. Such is the case with matte. 

Speaking of Nars, apparently there is ongoing construction on a new boutique due to open this coming year. It'll be located in Greenwich Village, and is supposedly going to have all sorts of crazy awesome variety and exclusives. Nars is definitely one of my favorite brans, and I seriously cannot wait.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...