October 16, 2010

Nail of the Day: Butter London All Hail McQueen

Butter London's All Hail McQueen is a holographic beige. What!?!?! Yeah that's right. My two favorite nail polish qualities, combined into one amazing color, with the usual amazing Butter London three free formula. I'm not going to go on and on about three free, because I think everybody has a pretty good idea of what that means these days, but I will tell you that Butter London's formula is really perfection for the price tag. Chanel is held up as the king of perfect cream formulas, but I think Butter London matches it, for $10 less. Score.

I took a whole bunch of photos to try and capture the quality of the color and holographic glitter bits. I actually think this is a decent representation. In normal indoor lighting, All Hail McQueen is basically a warm taupe brown color with subtle silver frost. It contrasts surprisingly intensely with my skin color (again, because of the pale). Sabrina at the beauty look book reviewed this polish here, and on her it matches the valence of her skin tone much more closely. I'm just surprised with how different the same polish looks on my hand, but I guess that's what makes skin tone such a special characteristic, everyone's is different.

Swatch in full sunlight
Swatch with flash
Swatch in shade.
As an aside, I apologize for the state of my cuticles. You have to understand, my hands live in those blue examination gloves all day everyday, and it's rather moisture zapping. So why do I religiously paint my nails you ask? Because I'm a new yorker, that's why.

Butter London is available on their website, butterlondon.com, at B-Glowing, and now Nordstrom (!) but I got mine at a Ricky's in NYC.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...