October 19, 2010

Molton Brown Warming Eucalyptus and Ginger Body Srub

Molton Brown's Warming Eucalyptus and Ginger Body Scrub is an exfoliating salt scrub that smells amazing. Not just amazing, but capital-A Ahhhh-mazing. But I have a feeling that this sort of scent is not for the weak of heart, or frequently bed-ridden. I personally really love the smell of eucalyptus. It does remind of me of Vicks Vapo Rub, but I also really like the scent of that stuff, so let's not go there. The fact of the matter is, that Molton Brown did eucalyptus right. Vicks smells artificial and cloying, but this shower scrub is invigorating!! It makes me feel cozy and wintery while also stimulating my skin. They're not kidding about the "warming." This stuff feels a bit like spreading toothpaste all over your body and standing in front of a box fan. No joke. The ginger aspect of the scent is also very nice, but considerably less noticeable. I think beating all other scents out of their senses is part of the definition of eucalyptus. Harhar.


I usually prefer sugar scrubs, because sugar, i.e. crystallized carbohydrates, dissolve less readily in water than salts. So you basically get more bang for you buck. You know how some scrubs just seem to mysteriously vanish on your skin while you're trying to abrade the shit out of yourself, and it's all super annoying? Well, that's all thanks to that quick dissolution (and of course particle size). So this scrub is somewhat guilty of that, being salt in base. But the other warming tingly-ness makes up for that.

I should mention that the below picture is of the product mixed. When the pot first arrived, the scrub had separated into it's component parts, and a thick gooey dark green layer of whatever was on top. So yeah, don't be alarmed if the same thing happens to you.


Molton Brown is a british brand, and is available online at beautyhabit.com, and more recently, Saks and Neiman's. I bought mine from beauty habit so that I wouldn't have to pay sales tax (ain't I stinker), but I tried it first at the Molton Brown free standing store on 3rd Ave between 63rd and 64th.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...