November 9, 2010

YSL Rouge Pur Couture No 6, Swatches and Review


Ever since I got Yves Saint Laurent's Rouge Pur Couture in No 6, I've been wearing it practically every day. The color is just right: a peachy nude that imparts a nice healthy color. The lovely ladies at the YSL counter at Bergdorf's sent me a card with three samples of the new Rouge Pur Couture colors, so I knew that the formula was good stuff. And theglossgoss reviewed this very color just recently, so I felt confident ordering this sight unseen from the Sephora friends and family sale. 


As I've mentioned, I'm already a pretty big fan of the YSL lipstick range, and this new lipstick does not disappoint. The formula is not the most moisturizing, but the coverage is a very agreeable medium to full, and it glides onto the lips. The scent has changed, and I think I like it even better than the traditional "mango" (although everyone knows that "mango" must be used in the loosest of terms when actually describing the fragrance...) The new fragrance is a sort of a sweet vanilla-y, but I can't really describe scents, so just ignore me. I actually liked this lipstick so well that I went right back out and bought another color in red, and that almost never happens to me. 

Again, this is not the most moisturizing lipstick, if you have extremely chapped lips, or just can't stand the feeling of dry lipstick, then go with the Rouge Volupte line from YSL or with anything from Rouge Bunny Rouge. If I'm being very lazy, and not paying any attention to the state of my makeup, this lipstick can settle into chapped lip lines. So basically the upshot is that this lipstick is slightly more work than an extremely moisturizing one.


As an aside, I just got my C14 certificate of fitness from the FDNY, which required taking an ID photo. I was wearing this color in the picture, and it totally looks bangin'. I'd recommend this color, or a similar one, if you're getting your picture taken for a photo ID any time soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...