November 22, 2010

Le Metier de Beaute Lipgloss in Summerland, Swatches and Review


Today I bring you Le Metier de Beaute lipgloss in Summerland. I have one word for this lipgloss: glitter. Not a word you normally associate with an ultra fancy brand like Le Metier. But seriously, this gloss is so heavy on the glitter, it basically makes your lips look metallic. Which is kind of nice, if you're into that sort of thing. The color of this gloss is a very natural bronzey peach, and the effect once it's applied is flesh toned robot lips. How studio 51.


The glitter in this gloss is decidedly irridescent, an interesting mix of silver bronze and the occasional green. The glitter also lasts and lasts on the lips. At the end of the day I actually need to use a makeup remover to get the last of it off, and god forbid I wipe any on the back of my hand. This is also the least sticky gloss that's ever touched my lips. Which is a big bonus. The quality is unquestionably there, but I do wish that the glitter could be taken down a notch. Although I'm definitely looking forward to wearing Summerland for the holidays. If you want something to really bling out the lips this season, then this is surely the gloss for you. 


Below is an out of focus close up of the applicator to give you an idea of the glitter

I had a lot of trouble swatching Summerland, probably because of all the reflective glitter bits. The below photo makes the color look ridiculously orange. I swear, it really is not that orange in real life. It's definitely more of a my-lips-but-better color, very similar to the YSL Rouge Volupte Perle in Stellar Pink. 


Le Metier de Beaute is available from Bergdorf, Neiman's, and Nordstrom. Le Metier also put out a cream gloss that I'd really like to try, maybe during the upcoming beauty gift card event at Bergdorf's. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...