September 29, 2010

Edward Bess Ultra Slick Lipstick in Midnight Bloom



For my first review, I bring you something from Edward Bess, as it seems only fitting. As many beauty bloggers have attested, once you go Edward, you never go back. Edward Bess offers a wide variety of lip, eye and cheek products that are all extremely well made and extremely classic in color. Clearly Edward is an aesthetic visionary, my favorite type of visionary. Today I bring you Edward Bess Ultra Slick Lipstick in Midnight Bloom. This particular shade I received as a gift with purchase from the recent Bergdorf beauty gift card event. I have quite a few of these lipsticks, and the formula is pretty much to die for. I also really love the scent. I sort of wish I could slather it all over myself, just for the scent. It's described as "fig," but I have no idea what that is or means. What does a fig smell like? Like Edward Bess products, apparently.

indirect sunlight swatched on lips

indirect sunlight swatched on arm

It really is a lovely color isn't it? I'm such a sucker for reds. I would say the first picture of full sunlight is the best representation of the color. I apologize for the low qual swatching, I'm new at this.

Edward Bess is available online at edwardbess.com and neiman marcus, and obviously you can get in store at Bergdorf's. As an aside, I just about fell off the couch the first time I noticed Edward Bess on the neiman's website. Fell off with excitement.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...