January 18, 2011

Chanel Spring 2011 Rouge Cocos Peregrina and Jersey Rose, Swatches and Review

 Algea and Diatoms

So I went back for seconds. Don't judge me. I bought the two Rouge Cocos from the Chanel Spring 2011 collection, 77 Jersey Rose and 78 Peregrina, after the holiday extravaganza. These were somewhat unimpressive when swatched on the back of my hand during the first go at the 57th St Boutique, which is why I was spared the expense initially. But after reading reviews, and looking at other swatches, I realized I should probably look more closely. So I dutifully went back to saks with my gift card and tried them on. When applied to the lips, these lipsticks go from being ho-hum to super awesome flattering seduction!!! 


Jersey Rose is a rose pink with a peach undertone that goes beautifully with my winter palour. It actually almost matches the natural flush on my cheeks, and not surprisingly, goes with most of the blushes in my repertoire. I've been wearing it non-stop since I bought it earlier this month. It actually hurts my heart to think I almost missed out on Jersey Rose. It's become my newest and most favorite my-lips-but-better shade. I should have known that a lipstick corresponding with a number like 77 would be heavenly.

Peregrina is a very similar color, since the hue value is almost identical. The swatch picture really speaks volumes to this effect. But instead of being rosey, Peregrina is just straight peachy. The sales associate said that this color would turn orange with my skintone, but I think I disagree. It stays pretty true peach, despite the amount of pink in my face. 


As for the formula, I'm actually not crazy about the Rouge Cocos generally speaking. I find them unfortunately drying, although the fragrance has grown on me. Thankfully, where these lack in moisture, they make up in lasting. In comparison to other lipsticks that I frequently wear, these rarely have to be reapplied throughout the day. I find these non-feathering, and precise enough that you don't have to use a lip liner. Granted I don't own any dramatic colors, which is obviously the true test.


Overall, I'm really glad that I looked at the Chanel Spring 2011 lipsticks in greater detail. Jersey Rose will always have a place in my british-in-heritage heart.


photo credit: Dr. Arlene Wechezak, submitted to the Nikon Small World Microscopy Competition

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...